As a Microsoft Gold Certified Partner and ISV based in Hamburg (Germany), Layer2 is one of the leading providers of Microsoft SharePoint solutions and apps in Europe with a major focus on Data Integration, Collaborative Knowledge Management and Social Networking.
Layer2 has also been known as a reliable partner to customers in Central Europe, offering consulting and services in the fields of Microsoft SharePoint, Microsoft .NET programming and IT infrastructure for more than 20 years.
Cloud Connector V6 for Office 365 and Sharepoint
The Layer2 Cloud Connector connects your line-of-business data to Microsoft SharePoint, Office 365, Dynamics CRM/ERP, Exchange, SQL databases and almost any other systems:
- No programming or tools required: Just select a data provider, enter connection string and data query. No installation or customizing at SharePoint or the external data source required.
- 100% compatible to ALL SharePoint 2010 / 2013 offerings: On premise, externally hosted, Office 365, OneDrive for Business, or sandboxed.
- Reliable architecture: A connection is established only for data exchange –not for user interaction.External data is cached in native SharePoint lists.
- Secure data connection and transfer: The connector runs where your data resides today -on any server or client inside your corporate network with Internet connectivity available, or in the cloud. No data is exposed to any 3rdparty.
- High performance: Works great with large data sets.
- Almost any data source supported: ODBC, OLEDB, OData, .NET-based providers, file content (Excel, XML, CSV), File System Replication, SQL Server, Oracle, MySQL, IBM DB2, IBM AS/400, IBM Informix, PostgreSQL, Microsoft SharePoint, Dynamics NAV/CRM, Exchange, Active Directory, Navision, Lotus Notes, SAP, Web Services etc.
- Data providers for SharePoint, OData, File System, XML/RSS, Exchange, SOAP included. Vendor specific or 3rdparty ADO.NET data providers supported.
- Start workflows or send email notifications in the cloud on external data change.
- SyncyourlocalorserverfilesharestoSharePoint, Office 365, OneDrive4B withoutanyrestrictions.
- Connect all supportedsystemsdirectlywitheachother, withoutusingSharePoint orOffice 365.
Business Data List Connector V7 for Sharepoint
The Layer2 Business Data List Connector (BDLC) integrates almost any external data source directly with native SharePoint 2007/2010/2013/2016 lists:
- 100% SharePoint-based, codeless, browser-based solution: Connection setup within minutes. Just click "Connect to external data source" in the SharePoint list settings dialog.
- No programming or tools required.
- Data synchronization manually on demand or automatically in background using timer jobs with flexible settings for scheduling.
- Auto-mapping and manual field / column mapping supportedi ncluding data type conversions.
- Almost any data source supported: ODBC, OLEDB, OData, ADO.NET-based providers, files (Excel, XML, CSV), SQL Server, SQL Azure, Oracle, MySQL, IBM DB2, IBM AS/400, Informix, PostgreSQL, OneDrive, SharePoint, Exchange, Office 365, Active Directory, Navision, Notes, SAP, ERP/CRM/CMS systems, RSS Feed, XML Web Requests and Web Services, etc.
- Data Provider for OData (Dynamics, SAP etc.), CSOM (SharePoint/Office 365), Exchange, XML/RSS included. Others can be connected via 3rdparty.
- Optional use of write-back to data sources feature in real-time, full CRUD (Create/Update/Delete).
- Known SharePoint BCS issues completely solved: ALL SharePoint list features available now.
- Start SharePoint list workflows or send RSS / email notifications on external data change.
- Add additional "SharePoint-only" columns, e.g. for ranking, rating, tagging, comments or file attachments. Take external data offline.
- Large data set ssupported with high performance. No problems with SharePoint List View Threshold.
- Save license costs for LOB systems while using native SharePoint lists to expose enterprise data.